Telephone System Compatibility
Comdial / Vertical DX-120
Comdial / Vertical
Extra Part Needed:
8) Locate CPM the “MC1” and “MC2” connector jacks on the CPM.
9) Connect the output of the external music source to the appropriate MC1 or 2 connector
• At default MC1 is used for Music On Hold.
• This is easily accomplished using a prefabricated mini-plug to mini-plug cable
available at Radio Shack.
10) Adjust the music volume level at the external music source.
When adjusting the music for Music On Hold:
• Place a call into the system on one of the CO Lines so that the external music
source is heard by the calling party (you).
• Adjust the volume level of the external music source until a desirable level is
• Background Music is then adjusted at the telephone using the instrument
If this does not work, this additional action my be needed:
1) Be sure that the entire system is turned off.
2) Remove the KSU 1 cover (four screws at each corner).
3) Install a static discharge wrist strap on your bare wrist, and adjust it for a snug fit.
Be sure that the strap is touching bare skin and is not isolated by clothing.
4) Connect the wrist strap cord between the wrist strap and an AC or earth ground.
5) Connect a static discharge wrist strap to a suitable earth ground.
6.Circuit boards are susceptible to damage caused by electrostatic discharge. You must
keep this in mind as you handle the circuit boards. For additional information, see Vertical
publication IMI01-005, Handling of Electrostatically Sensitive Components.
6) Locate the CPM and the “MUSIC” option strap.
7) Make sure that the “MUSIC” option strap is in the “EXT” position. (Required for external source to
operate on MC1.)
Back to Phone System Compatibility Database
^ Back to Top